Confidential FFAP Hotline: 1.888.731.FIRE Available 24/7
Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families
Get answers to your questions and concerns.
Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.
Know your conversation is confidential.
Get referrals to quality professional care.
Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service.
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Listed below is what you need to know about the new policy regarding MPFFU License Plates:
Retired MPFFU members will still be eligible to display the MPFFU License Plate.
Spouses of Active and Retired members will still be eligible to display the MPFFU Plate.
Individuals that currently have the plate will be able to receive their renewal tabs at their local SOS Branch offices or at the kiosks located in the offices.
The Secretary of State office in Lansing will be contacting the MPFFU office to verify an individuals membership in our organization prior to mailing new or replacement MPFFU license plates.
It is very important for locals to register their newly hired members with the MPFFU and the IAFF as soon as you begin collecting union dues from them.
If you see a non-member with the MPFFU plate, send the plate number to email@example.com or call us at 734-675-0206 and we will notify the SOS that they are not a member and that individual will receive a letter from the SOS notifying them that they have 30 days to return the plate.