Confidential FFAP Hotline: 1.888.731.FIRE Available 24/7
Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families
Get answers to your questions and concerns.
Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.
Know your conversation is confidential.
Get referrals to quality professional care.
Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service.
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Richard is the loving husband of Eileen and the dear father of Barb (Pete) Nagarah, Kathy (Rick) Glapa, Carol (Greg) Truesdell and Sandy (the late Darin) Lilly. He is the grandfather of 8 and great grandfather of 2. Richard was preceded in death by his 7 brothers and sisters.
Richard proudly served in the Coast Guard during WWII and retired as an Assistant Battalion Chief from the Livonia Fire Department in 1985 after 30 years of service.
Victor Deichert,age 73 of Fowlerville, died at home Wed. April 11, 2012.
He was born Nov. 10, 1938 in Bismark, North Dakota to Antone & Amelia (Schwalik) Deichert and married Diann C. (Lashbrook) in Farmington on Feb. 4, 1968.
He was a Livonia Fire Fighter for 32 years, retiring in 1991.
Vic was an active member of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, a great Grandpa and father, the “Old Maid” Champion, he loved woodworking and the outdoors, but was a terrible fisherman.
Surviving are his wife Diann, 3 daughters: Laura Walker of Southfield, Sandy Deichert of Fowlerville and Tracy (Mike) Peckens of Fowlerville, Grandchildren:Rane, Daniel (Karla), Laurane, Lauren, Ryan (Chastity), Erin, Garrett, Logan, Rachael and Mikenna, 4 Great-Grandchildren (+one on the way): Xane, Lexi, Tristan & Rylee, late brother of Amelia “Gubby (Pat) McDaniels.
Preceded in death by his siblings: Albert, Mildred, Antone, Ruthie, Arthur, Kenneth, Leroy, Larry, and his parents.