Livonia Professional Firefighters
IAFF Local 1164 - Serving The City Of Livonia Since 1941
  • March 20, 2018
    Member Login


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    << March 2018 >>
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28 29 30 31
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds
    Fire Fighters Assistance Program
    Confidential FFAP Hotline:  1.888.731.FIRE  Available 24/7 

    Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families

    Get answers to your questions and concerns.

    Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.

    Know your conversation is confidential.

    Get referrals to quality professional care.

    Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service. 


    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    IAFF Local Newswire
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Mar. 19 (23:10)

    Local 3169 Hosts CPR & Stop the Bleed Programs
    IAFF Local 3169
    Swearing in Ceremony
    Local 1347
    Conrad Cordova Is Retiring
    IAFF Local 21
    26th Annual Gala Ball - tickets now available!
    IAFF 323
    Williston Job Posting
    Professional Fire Fighters of Vermont
    Springfield fire kills 3, injures 4 as people jump to safety
    IAFF Local 648
  • Children leap out window to safety during Livonia house fire
    Updated On: Dec 06, 2017

    LIVONIA, Mich. (WXYZ) - A raging house fire in Livonia left one family no choice but to escape out of a window. 

    Firefighters were called out to the 18000 block of Lathers around 3 a.m. and saw a house completely engulfed in flames. 

    Family says they woke up to the smoke alarm and the dad guided his 12-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son out of the back bathroom window to safety. 

    Fire crews say the garage, living room and kitchen all caught on fire. It's believed the fire started in the garage. 

    High winds didn't help the situation, spreading the heat and causing damage to the neighbor's siding. 

  • IAFF Local 1164

    Copyright © 2018.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive

  • Top of Page image